KCET 2019:KCET popularly known to be Karnataka Common Entrance Test. It is the test conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority(KEA). The state government has changed the KCET 2019 exam dates due to the announcement of schedule for Lokasabha Elections 2019 by Election Commission of India on 10.03.2019.
Previously exam is scheduled on April 23, 24 and 25, 2019. Now the results has been scheduled from April 29, 30 and May 5 , 2019 for Karnataka Language.The authority will release the KCET results in the official website.By this article candidates can easily know about the latest News and updates.
About KCET and courses offered in KCET:
KCET is a state-level examination to provide admission in various full-time courses in education fields like Medical, Engineering and many other courses offered by the government of Karnataka. It is an offline exam, held for candidates who want to seek admission in the courses like Engineering, AYUSH, Farm Science, B. Pharm.
KEA declared to conduct KCET Agriculture Practical Test on May 18, 2019 for the candidates who are looking to take admission in Agriculture Quota in Farm Universities.The minimum qualifying marks are 50%.
Check Official schedule for KCET 2019:
|KCET 2019 Registration Date||Feb 1, 2019|
|Last date for registration||Mar 20, 2019|
|Last date to pay application fee||Mar 21, 2019|
|Availability of Admit card||April 16, 2019|
|KCET exam dates||April 29, 2019 (Biology & Mathematics)
April 30, 2019(Physics & Chemistry)
May 5, 2019(Kannada language)
May 18, 2019(practical examination for agriculturist)
|KCET 2019 Results Declaration||June 01, 2019|
|KCET Counselling||2nd week of June 2019|
Eligibility Criteria for Different courses:
KCET eligibility will be different course-wise. Here you can know the eligibility for admission to various courses.
For Engineering course:
- The candidate need to qualify 2nd PUS/10+2 exam from the recognized board.
- Candidate need to pass the main subjects like Mathematics and Physics and English as a language subject.
- Candidate need to score at least 45% in Mathematics and Physics .
For B.Pharma course:
- The candidate need to qualify 2nd PUS/10+2 exam or with PCB/PCM and English from the recognized board.
- The candidate minimum marks should be %)% in PCB group.
KCET 2019 Exam Details:
|Exam Name||Karnataka Common Entrance Test(KCET)|
|Conducted by||Karnataka Examination Authority(KEA)|
|KCET official website||kea.kar.nic.in|
|Examination Type||state-level Entrance exam|
|Mode of examination||offline|
|Mode of application||online|
KCET Admit card 2019:
- KCET Admit card is available from April 16, 2019.
- So that the candidates can download the admit card from the KCET official website.
- The candidates can download admit card by using application number and Date of Birth.
Why We need Admit card:
- KCET Admit card will have roll number of the candidates along with the name, address of the exam center, date of the examination, time and other some details about the KCET exam.
- KCET Admit card is just lie Hall ticket along with admit card candidate need to carry one valid identity card like passport/ aadhar card / Pan card/ college identity card or any other proof to enter into the test center.
- Candidate need to keep the admit card safely till KCET counselling completes.
KCET 2019 Exam center list:
- Now KCET 2019 will be conducted in 54 center that are spread across the state of Karnataka.
- Candidate who are claimed eligibility under Horanadu and Gadinadu kannadiga clauses have to choose the center for KCET 2019 only in Bangalore.
- The candidates who are writing Kannada language test , the test will be conducted in Bangalore center.
- practical examination for agriculturist quota will have the examination in following cities by concerned Agriculture /Veterinary Universities.
|Shimoga, bagalkot, Arabhavai, Mandya, Bidar, Hiriyur, Munirabad, Hassan, Vijayapura, Mangalore, Mysore, Bangal, Dharwad, Tamaka, Raichur.|
Exam Pattern for KCET 2019:
- Number of Questions: 60.
- Type of Questions:Objective.
- Time Duration:80 minutes
- Mode of Exam: offline (Pen & Paper based).
- Each correct answer will be awarded 1 Mark.
- No negative marking.
KCET Subject-Wise Exam pattern:
- In KCET exam subjects are different but number of question are 80 and time duration 60 minutes is similar for all subjects except Kannada language.
- Subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics.
- For Kannada language No.of questions 50 and time duration is 60 minutes.
Subject -wise KCET 2019 Syllabus:
KCET exam question paper will be prepared on the based on 10+2 syllabus(Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics) by Department of Pre -University Education of Karnataka.
|Physics||Unit -I: Physical world and Measurement
Unit-III: Laws of Motion
Unit-IV: Works , Energy and Power
|Second Year PUC||Unit -I: Electrostatics
Unit-II: Current Electricity
Unit-III: Magnetic effects of current and Magnetism
Unit-IV: Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents
|Chemistry||Unit -I: Some basic concepts of chemistry
Unit-II: Structure of Atom
Unit-III: Classification of elements and periodicity in properties
Unit-IV:Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
|Second Year PUC||Unit -I: solid state
Unit-IV: chemical kinetics
Unit-V: Surface chemistry
|Mathematics||Algebra, Analytical Geometry, Trigonometry, Calculus|
|Mathematics-Syllabus for PUS I/XI||Theory of indices and logarithms, Progressions, Mathematical induction, Theory of equations, Permutation and combinations, Binomial Theorem, Partial fractions.|
Results of KCET 2019:
- Results of KCET 2019 will b e declared by the KEA of Karnataka.
- The candidates can check the results in the official website at kea.kar.nic.in. The official date declared to release the results is on the June 1st of this year 2019.
- To check the results candidates must have their Registration number and Date of Birth to get the results on the page.
KCET Cut off Marks:
- There will be different cut off for different colleges and branches of engineering.Based on the KCET merit list and no.of seats available in colleges the allotment of seats and KCET Counselling for all qualified candidates is conducted.
- The candidates can check the cut off marks in the official website of KEA. In official website of KEA you can the cut off field click on it then it opens page of cut off marks from 2008 to 2018.
- The official website to check is kea.kar.nic.in.
- Cut off marks for KCET 2019 will be updated soon.
Counselling Process of KCET 2019:
- Counselling will started from the 2nd week of June 2019.
- The candidates who are shortlisted in the KCET 2019 examination with minimum marks and candidates who are in merit list will be called for the counselling section.
- First candidate need to choice the course and college.
- When the KEA will officially declare the counselling process candidate should be ready with admit card , government proof and documents.
- When the counselling process is completed the allotment of seats will be started.
KCET 2019 Allotment process:
- There are 267 engineering colleges, 32 architecture colleges,61 pharmacy colleges, 39 farm science colleges and 76 ISM&H. The allotment of seats will be done in this above mentioned colleges.
- The allotment process will begin from June 14, 2019.
- The candidates should carry required documents for verification for admission.
- The allotment details will be updated soon in the official website candidtes can check the details.